The Hour of The Wolf
Tina Reynaert - The Hour of the Wolf
Tina Reynaert wants to create a platform for new piano music that has not yet been performed or discovered. The authenticity of contemporary acoustic music deserves to be recorded andto reach a wider audience. “The Hour of the Wolf” is a compilation of what she believes to be canonical works from the period 1990 to 2021.
Tina’s journey began some years ago, when she started collecting piano pieces by composers from all over the world. She asked a number of them to compose and dedicate a piece to her. Given all the new musical developments and idioms of the twentieth century (atonality, serialism, multiple serialism, spectralism, extended techniques, …), Tina wanted to discover how composers work today.
What is their musical signature? Which new works illustrate the times in which we live? What more can be added or has the power to transform? This CD is an attempt to answer such questions.
- 1. Cântec vechi (2014) - G. Balint
2. Miniatures (2007) - C. Halka
3. Sur un nuage (2009) - V. Paulet
4. En écoutant la nuit (2015) - S. vande Ginste
5. Frozen Blues (2002) - R. Nasveld
6. Mit Anlauf (2018) - M. E. Keller
7. Four Inventions (2017) - M. Marder
8. Meeting point (2020) - C. Tsoupaki
9. Ani. No one is illegal. (2017) - B. van Kerchove
10. Stille (1940) - K. Schwaen
11. Nocturne lugubre (1992) - K. Schwaen