Mosa Trio - Portraits
If sound is color, and time is space, composers and musicians can be painters. On its electrifying debut CD Portraits, the Belgian-Dutch Mosa Trio interprets three pictures: Shostakovitch's desolately intense tombeau for a friend (the Piano Trio No. 2 of 1944), Sam Wamper's scintilating portrait of his beloved (2015), and Mathias Coppens' versatile celebration of listeners and performers (2015). Whether painting or playing, the Mosa Trio pays a generous homage to the coloristic and expressive power of the modern piano trio.
- 1. Piano Trio No. 2 in E minor, Op. 67 I. Andante - Moderato (08:03) - D. Shostakovich
2. Piano Trio No. 2 in E minor, Op. 67 II. Allegro con brio (03:09) - D. Shostakovich
3. Piano Trio No. 2 in E minor, Op. 67 III. Largo (05:30) - D. Shostakovich
4. Piano Trio No. 2 in E minor, Op. 67 IV. Allegretto (10:58) - D. Shostakovich
5. Portrait of Light (08:35) - S. D. Wamper
6. Trio opus 2 (10:58) - M. Coppens